The story of mesothelioma is a tragic one dating back as far as the 1930s according to some estimates. The product that contributes most to mesothelioma cases is asbestos, which has been used in manufacturing and commerce in America for decades. There is tangible evidence that many people were exposed to this harmful substance despite the fact that supervisors and business owners knew of its harmful effects. Many have pointed to corporate greed as a reason for this issue—while others have suggested it was simply ignorance. Regardless of the reason, it is clear that the damage that asbestos can cause is lethal. Mesothelioma cases have led to lawsuits and mesothelioma claims by mesothelioma lawyers against large companies.
Examples of clients who have been impacted by mesothelioma:
- sheet metal workers
- construction workers
Exposure to asbestos can come from (but not limited to):
- pipe covering
- pipe insulation
- cement wallboard
A Brief Video History of Mesothelioma and Asbestos
Lawyers in the Medical Claim Legal network have been getting compensation for clients in mesothelioma cases for decades. While some mesothelioma settlements and verdicts have reached into the millions, it's not possible to estimate how much a person will receive prior to filing a claim. Compensation varies with a claimant’s diagnosis, medical history, companies sued, where the claim is filed, proof of negligence, and other factors.
Mesothelioma Lawyers Have Settled Cases Like These
- Missouri - $10 million settlement fought for by mesothelioma lawyers awarded to a courthouse employee exposed to asbestos during a renovation project done by the U.S. Engineering Company
- Family of a construction worker received a $2.1 million settlement after he died of mesothelioma
- Boilermaker received a $3.7 million settlement after developing lung cancer from asbestos exposure
- Navy electrician won a 2002 lawsuit for $33.7 million
- A building maintenance worker received a $2 million settlement after developing mesothelioma
- Wrongful death suit worth $30.3 million in 2006 won by widow of highway worker who died of mesothelioma
There are a number of factors that can impact the size, scope and reason for a mesothelioma settlement. Factors may include medical expenses, lost wages, state of the case, company negligence, and more.
Why Medical Claim Legal is Right for Your Case
Medical Claim Legal utilizes its network of lawyers to find the best one likely to get you the compensation you deserve.
MedicalClaimLegal, simplifying the process for Mesothelioma settlements