Product liability is a blanket term that refers to defective products put into the marketplace by manufacturers. These manufacturers are then held responsible for the damages that their defective product cause. These damages can be physical and mental. A civil lawsuit against the manufacturer is the best way to hold them accountable. Medical Claim Legal can help those affected by product liability.
Types of Product Liability
While product liability is a broad term, these lawsuits are generally filed under three categories, as described by Cornell Law School:
- Defects in the design of the product – “inherent” flaws that exist in the design of the product
- Manufacturing defects in the product – flaws that are created due to an error in the manufacturing of the product
- Marketing defects – typically involve the lack of warning or inadequate instructions on how to use the product
The requirement to winning any product liability case is proving the product to be defective and that the defect caused harm. The proof required is different depending on the basis for claiming a product is defective:
- Design defect: since this type of liability exists in the concept of the product, one must prove there is a better, safer design of a product that accomplishes the same purpose.
- Manufacturing defect: occurs when there is a change in the design resulting in the product being more dangerous to consumers than originally intended.
- Marketing defect: includes instructions that do not properly educate the consumer on how to use the product; also occurs when dangers are reoccurring with a product and consumers were not warned of the potential risks.
Why Medical Claim Legal is Right for Your Case
There are countless examples of product liability. Medical Claim Legal has lawyers with experienced in civil lawsuits involving product liability. Our team can help you get the financial compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
MedicalClaimLegal, simplifying the process for Product Liability compensation