A pesticide is considered any substance used to control either plant or animal life. Chemical pesticides can be poisonous to humans. Medical Claim Legal can help you if you believe you or a loved one have been affected by pesticide poisoning.
What is Considered a Pesticide?
There are many different types of pesticides, but the Pesticide Action Network classifies three main types:
These pesticides are often spread with crop dusters. They can also be found in household items such as spray bottles, hand soaps and swimming pools.
Exposure to these pesticides can have a wide range of effects on humans. The side effects depend on the type and amount of exposure. Some side effects include:
- Mild conditions – headache, dizziness and nausea
- Moderate conditions – vomiting, coughing, mental confusion and blurred vision
- Severe conditions – skin burns, trouble breathing, unconsciousness and death
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety provides a complete list of side effects. That list can be found here.
Most lawsuits surrounding the use of pesticides are against those responsible for the using them improperly. If an individual or a group wishes to use a pesticide in a public area, they first must know of the potentials dangers associated with the chemicals. They must also then properly warn people of the danger in the area. If these steps are not followed, legal action may ensue. Here are some examples of lawsuits involving pesticide poisoning:
- Marijuana producers in Colorado are the center of lawsuits involving the pesticides they use on their farms.
- Environmental groups are taking action against the EPA with a lawsuit aimed to have chlorpyrifos banned from being used on produce farms.
- Oregon lawsuit has been filed after helicopters accidentally sprayed herbicides over a residential area instead of the intended forest area nearby.
- Health groups win lawsuit against the California Department of Food and Agriculture, which was using unnecessary pesticides aimed at eliminating the light brown apple moth population in San Francisco.
Why Medical Claim Legal is Right for Your Case
Medical Claim Legal can give you the access to a network of lawyers who are specifically trained in the pesticide lawsuit field. Their knowledge and history in the courtroom will help you get the compensation you deserve. By using our free referral process, you will take the first step towards your claim.
MedicalClaimLegal, simplifying the process for Pesticide Poisoning settlements